|Pot life @ 350 ±20
|| 30 Minutes
|Cure @ 350 ±20
|| - 30°C to 150°C
|Water: Grout Ratio
|| 1 : 3
|| 24 Hours min. 4.00 kN
48 Hours min. 8.00kN
- Not recommended for use in power showers.
- Do not use showers for at least 2 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Use DUPOXY GROUT which confirms to the current food hygiene regulations.
- Do not fill pool at least 3 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Use in conjunction with Tuffex GT (See data sheet of Tuffex GT for further details). The addition of Tuffex GT to cement-based grouts will enhance adhesion to tile edges, reduce water permeability and impart flexibility.
Site Work Instruction
Before commencing grouting the adhesive bed must be set. It is essential that the tiles used are appropriate for the service conditions and are fixed in a solid bed of adhesive i.e ensuring that, as far as possible, no voids are left behind the tiles, refer to the relevant product data sheet for setting / drying times.
Protect open joints from contamination and ensure that they are clean, dry and free from loose debris prior to grouting.
Do not use in damp conditions
Joint should be free efflorescence, latence, dirt and other loose material. Remove thoroughly by dry brushing.
Clean: all joints should be cleaned down by washing with water containing detergent, then clean water.
Ensure the joints are dry before grouting.
Movement Joints: These should be provided in accordance with BS 5385 : part 1-5 and may be filled with the appropriate flexible sealant. Intermediate floor joints should be reinforced with brass or stainless steel. Use stainless steel where hygiene is essential.
Mix the cementitious powder with clean water until a lump-free smooth paste of uniform colour is obtained. If an electric drill mixer is used blend on a slow speed (less than 300 rpm). Avoid entraining air by mixing at too high speed or by over-mixing. Do not reconstitute the mixed grout by adding more water, this will reduce the final strength.
- Using a grout float or rubber squeegee compact the grout into the joints ensuring that they are completely filled. Work in small areas and remove as much excess grout from the tile surface as possible. Do not exceed the working time of the grout. Refer to table for details.
- Use a sponge or sponge-board, dampened with clean water to clean the tile surface. Allow about 15 minutes for the grout to dry a little before cleaning off. Clean diagonally to the joint lines.
- Finally wash down with clean water with sponge/sponge board to remove any dried grout film from the tile surface.
- Once the grout has sufficiently set within the joints, polish the surface with a clean cloth. Alternatively give a final wash down with clean water using a dampened sponge.
- The addition of Tuffex GT to cement-based grout will enhance adhesion to tile edges, water- resistance and improves flexibility.
500 gms., 1 kg. Pouches & 10 kg. Bag.